Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Favorites

I guess, since this is a wine blog, I need to do some wine and food-related stuff regarding favorites of 2009. These are just some of my best moments of the last year or so:

Favorite Glass of Wine- Drinking Gruet Demi-Sec, and eating Foie Gras on crackers in a hotel room at the Moonrise on my anniversary with my beautiful bride.

Favorite Bottle of Wine- 2004 Coulee de Serrant that I was able to get on the cheap at work. It's weird stuff, but a stunning wine.

Favorite Bite of Food- the quail egg, topped with truffles and duck egg hollandaise at the Carnivorale Dinner

Favorite dinner- Getting multiple apps at Niche and at Sidney St. Cafe on my birthday, despite the deluge of rain

Favorite Bad Dinner- the "King Crab Leg" incident at the Lumiere- it just makes me laugh.

Favorite newly discovered restaurant- Nachomama's.

Favorite Restaurant- Niche

Favorite new hangout, where everyone knows your name- 33 wine bar

Favorite place to go to be shocked- Atomic Cowboy

Favorite good idea, that didn't work out as planned- Mad Men night at Eclipse

Favorite food issue that I controlled- not drinking regular soda for all of 2009

Favorite "wrong time of year" meal- making Cassoulet in the middle of the summer, when it was crazy hot outside, for Julia Child's birthday

Favorite new foodie book- What to drink with what you eat

Favorite funny moment- Getting griped at for bringing Doritos to the Slow Food luncheon

Favorite guilty pleasure- Five Guys Cheeseburgers

New favorite "layup" dinner- Beef Bourguignon

Favorite Food and Wine Pairing that I did- Pride Syrah with Barbecue at Christmas

Favorite dinner with people I love- Eating by the ocean in Mexico for my sister's birthday.

Favorite new cocktail name- Donde Estan mis Pantalones

Favorite new cocktail- This changes everytime I go into Taste by Niche, and try something new.

Favorite old-school cocktail- Manhattan

Favorite beer- Left Hand Milk Stout

Favorite new website- www.sipofknowledge.com :)

Favorite new industry-related tv show- Three Sheets

Favorite show that I wish they made more of- No Reservations

That's all folks. Here's to an even better 2010. Raise a glass tonight, have fun, be careful, come back alive.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment