Monday, January 25, 2010

Quick Wine Suggestion of the day

Last night, my wife made the Chicken Spaghetti recipe from weight watchers (check out www.ninja-fingers.blogspot.com for the recipe). I knew that we needed a white wine to match with it. Since the dish has a decent amount of spice and heat to it, I wanted something that was unoaked, and had just a touch of residual sugar.

I found a bottle of Hey Mambo "Swanky" White in my fridge, and it did the trick. Check it out if you get the chance, it's a blend of viognier, muscat canelli, chenin blanc, and sauvignon blanc from California. It has just enough of a floral note and sweetness to it to make it pleasant with a spicy dish, and enough acidity to make it refreshing.

If you want to buy some retail, it should be around $10, and I know they have a bunch of it at Paradise Valley wine and spirits in Fenton.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment