Monday, July 19, 2010

Winery Profile- Villa Creek

To say that I'm excited to bring in the wines of Villa Creek (pronounced Vee-ya, Spanish Style) is an understatement. I had first tried their wines a couple of years ago through a local friend, but they haven't been available in the St Louis market yet. Located in Paso Robles, this particular winery produces Rhone and Spanish-style blends from grapes that they source from the Denner, James Berry, and Ohana vineyards. They also own a 60-acre estate that will be planted in 2012. Their white wine is a killer blend of Grenache Blanc, Roussanne, and Picpoul that is reminiscent of a white CdP, but has a new-world feel. I really look forward to sipping it while warming up my grill. After I cook pig, chicken, or beef on said grill, I will move onto their reds. The ones I will be looking at bringing into the state at first are the Willow Creek Cuvee (Grenache, Mourvedre, Syrah), La Boda (Grenache/Mourvedre), and Avenger (Syrah, Mourvedre, Grenache). This isn't to say that the state won't be getting the other wines- stay tuned for the other wines down the road.

In the meantime, check out their website at www.villacreekwine.com

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment