Thursday, May 27, 2010

When the going gets tough...

So, my last blog post found me in a state of caffeine-fueled ecstasy. Today, I'm in a different mood. When I got into my office this morning, I had an email waiting for me from the County Licensing office. There is a county ordinance that states that they will not approve liquor licenses within 300 feet of any church, playground, school, or public park. We have a church directly to the Northeast of us, but there was a huge parking lot in between the two buildings. I thought that it would be plenty of room. Well, as it turns out the nearest corners of the two buildings are about 260' apart. The inspector from the public works department felt this was too close, and told the County to deny our license.

Not good.

So, I'm in a spot where I need to relocate my office and warehouse, which will put this whole project on hold for a couple of weeks. I'm not as concerned right now as I was this morning (I was in a panic). I know that "God can't steer a parked car", and that the only direction I can move is forward.

So, if you have some cheap, temperature controlled warehouse space somewhere in South County, give me a buzz.

Until then, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment